dinsdag 23 september 2014

Day 7: Having a hair cut in Seoul

This day started with a breakfast out of the hotel (as usual). My parents ordered a croque-monsieur, while I ordered some kind of bread with a dip. The croque-monsieurs tasted pretty normal, except that they were sweeter than we are used to. They still were really delicious. The bread was also sweet, and the dip turned out to be cheese. It made for an awesome combination, though it was a bit much for breakfast.

Our first stop this day was Gabalnara, which is a wig store that sells natural looking wigs. There is a decently sized off-line shop in Seoul, just one stop from Hongdae. I had read about their natural looking wigs and wanted to try some before buying, because I have had a few bad experiences with wigs before. The shop is quite big, though they do not have a very big selection of wigs available. There were special changing rooms to try on wigs, which were equipped with a lot of mirrors and other tools to try on the wigs. In the back of the shop are VIP rooms, which I guess are for frequent customers to enjoy some private shopping. Apart from wigs they also sell hair accessories, like hair clips and brushes. I picked out a wig I liked from the display and went to try it on. I was handed a hairnet, but I had a bit of trouble putting on the wig on my own, thus the shop clerck helped me with putting it on. I did not really like how it looked on me, so I tried on a different one and I completely fell in love. It is actually quite similar in color to how I had colored my hair a few years back. After buying the wig I asked the man who helped me if the bangs could be cut here, he tried explaining me (in broken English) that they have a different shop for that, Making Hair. He called for me to make an appointment and explained how to get there, it was actually just down the road, in the middle of Hongdae.

The bangs of my wig were cut by a man who was really great at cutting :D. He was actually that awesome that I decided that I wanted to also have my own bangs cut by him. I haven't had my bangs cut for quite a while, because I was really disappointed by the Dutch hairdressers.

As we finally were in Hongdae without being extremely tired and/or hungry we decided to do some shopping. On our way to the first shop we passed a photo boot where they were making photos whit a bottle of alcohol that seems to be really popular in Korea. We decided to also get a photo (and it was free, we are Dutch after all).

Our first stop was actually an ice cream shop, where they sold the most cutest ice creams I've ever seen. We all chose a different design, and they tasted pretty good.

After finishing the ice cream we went accessories shopping, we mostly bought socks. Korea has the most awesome socks in various cute designs.

We wanted to have our last dinner at our usual place, so in the evening we went back to Insa Dong. Before dinner I bought a "poop bread", a candy shaped as a pile of poop. Despite its name it tasted all right, though it was nothing spectacular.

All photos can be found at my flickr page

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten