vrijdag 19 september 2014

Day 6: Bus tour

We started this day by going back to Gwangjang market to buy the last accessories for my hanbok outfit (and to buy matching shoes for my new hanbok). It was pretty easy to find everything I needed, I just had a very hard time deciding what to buy.
After going to the the market we had planned to go on a city tour bus, which is a hop on hop off bus. After we had bought tickets we headed to KFC for a late breakfast, I got a Zinger burger that was wrapped in a cute pink package.

The bus tour wasn't that great of a decision. The bus was equipped with an audio tour, but the information offered was so basic we did not continue listening. The tour was really boring, you did not get to so a lot of nice sights and I fell asleep halfway. We had also planned to take the night tour bus, but we decided against it.

During the bus tour we did see 2 interesting sights that we wanted to inspect from up-close. Our first stop was a palace gate, where we had seen guards standing. Upon reaching the gates the changing of the guards started, so we had a great view of the spectacle.

We found out that this palace was included in the palace pack, so we entered Deoksugung palace. Quite honestly if you're not that interested in culture all palaces look the same and you can minimize your palace visits to one.

After a short stroll through the palace grounds we decided to leave and get some donuts at the nearby Dunkin Donuts.

After we had finished our donuts we crossed the road to some stalls and a big podium. It turned out to be some kind of pepper festival, with people carrying around big bags of red peppers.

We headed back to the hotel, where we passed the stalls with food that were always there. This time we decided to try what they had for sale. First up was a hotdog surrounded by dough (corndog?), which could be topped with ketchup and/or mustard. It tasted really awesome, I'm sad I wasn't able to eat more of them.

Next in line was a stall that sold some kind of egg cakes. They were also delicious!

In the evening we went to Daiso, a kind of dollar shop. There was a 5F one near our hotel and as it was raining like crazy we went there before dinner. They have lots of cute stuff, including all kinds of home ware, I know where I'll be getting my room decoration if I'm going to study here.
We ended this day in Insa Dong, having dinner at the same place we had eaten the very first day in Seoul.

All photos can be found at my flickr page

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten