donderdag 9 april 2015

Day 17: (Real) Final Blog Post

So here it finally is, the real last blog post of my 2014 trip.
This was our last full day in Tokyo, and we started it in Harajuku, where Angelic Pretty had a special event with a special set I wanted to buy. We arrived a hour before opening and I was surprised to see that the queue wasn't that big, though it did grow substantially during that hour. A lot of people had dressed up, I've never felt more underdressed ପ(⑅ ॣ•͈૦•͈ ॣ)ଓ

We were handed numbered papers, and while I had read about this on other pages, we got a number identical to our position in the queue, not a random number.

Once we were allowed to enter we had to queue some more for the Angelic Pretty shop. But after a short while we could finally enter! I was so excited, especially when I saw that they also offered lucky packs. I would normally not try my luck on an AP lucky pack, but as I had quite some spare money and I wanted to at least try a lucky pack once in my life I caved in.


We decided to make our last round to all the Closet Child shops in Tokyo, so I had a huge pile of clothing to pack (but that wasn't too much of a problem as we could take 5 suitcases with us of which 4 could weigh 32kg). We also passed Hachi, so we had to take some photos.

I just to give you an idea of part of the items I had bought take a look at the following photo.

For dinner we went to The Lockup, this is a restaurant in jail theme. You have to enter through a dark alley with all kinds of scare effects. Once you enter the 'real' restaurant one person from your party (me) gets cuffed and a prison-guard takes you to your personal prison cell. The menu consists of weird drinks and foods. The drinks are served in syringes and test tubes and can be a bit hard to drink (・ω<)☆
We ordered charcoal chicken (black colored chicken pieces), french fries with weird dips, a Russian roulette platte (we didn't find out it was the Russian roulette type of dish (so one is realllllly hot, while all others are normal) until I took the first one and felt like I stood on fire, while no one else seemed to have any problem with itヽ(^Д^)ノ), some octopus like sausages and satanic anchovy (they were speared!).
After we had decided what we wanted to order we pushed the bell, as usual in Japanese restaurants, but after quite some waiting we tried again and still no one came to take our order. We were pretty confused until a siren sounded through the building and all kind of weird monster like things came running by. Obviously we just wanted to order when a show was going to be performed, but we were unaware there was this kind of entertainment.

I would definitely advice anyone to go to The Lockup. The prices are decent, the food tastes great (and is really enjoyable to see the weird creations) and the whole experience is awesome. I would also like to urge you to stay till a show has been performed, it is awesome and will definitely make your evening!

As mentioned earlier this is the final blog post for our 2014 trip, though a 2015 trip is already being planned. Here is a small sneak peak of a room we will be staying in for a couple of days!


All photos can be found at my flickr page

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten